Vision, Mission & Goals
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment will be recognized as a client-focused organization contributing to a vibrant, diverse and sustainable economy for the Northwest Territories.
The Department of Industry Tourism and Investment, in partnership with others, provides quality programs and services to promote and support Northwest Territories economic prosperity and community self-reliance.
- To promote and support a diversified economy that provides opportunities to residents.
- To promote and support the development of business opportunities, including agriculture, traditional economy, tourism, investment, manufacturing, and secondary industries.
- To promote the sustainable development of natural resources that respects the conservation and protection of the environment for our future generations.
- To promote and support the efficient development, utilization and marketing of energy resources to achieve self-sufficiency, maximize economic opportunities, and realize affordable energy costs.
- To secure economic and employment opportunities from responsible resource development for Northwest Territories residents.
- To develop partnerships with individuals, businesses, communities, Aboriginal organizations and other governments to foster prosperity and community self-reliance.
To read the Department of Industry Tourism and Investment’s establishment policy click here