The Tourism Product Diversification and Marketing Program can help you re-invent, improve or expand your tourism product and operation to meet future market demands by providing funding for business planning, product development and packaging as well as marketing.
Who is eligible?
- NWT Businesses, economic development agencies, and communities.
- Aboriginal Organizations.
- Potential aboriginal culture tourism ventures.
Under TPDMP support can be provided in three schedules:
Schedule 1: Business Planning and Transition Assistance
- Up to $25 000 is available per applicant
- Funds may be applied toward the development of business plans to enhance an existing tourism product or develop a new product with the intent of increasing revenues for an existing Tourism Businesses and attracting new visitors to the NWT
- Costs may include: consulting fees and costs for business plan development, or costs associated with consulting related to obtaining a Tourism Operator Licence
Schedule 2: Product Development and Enhancement
- Up to $250 000 over a single or multiple years. Recipients who receive up to $250,000 will be able to re‑apply again after five years has elapsed from receipt of the contribution.
- Funds may be applied towards the development of a new tourism product or the enhancement of an existing product with the intent of attracting new visitors to the NWT.
- Costs may include: Start-up, capital acquisition, skills upgrading, services or amenities upgrading, website development, or development costs associated with product offerings.
Schedule 3: Marketing Assistance for Tourism Businesses
- Up to $10 000 per applicant.
- Funds may be applied towards marketing projects.
- Costs may include: travel to trade shows, brochure/pamphlet development, launch campaigns, or development/modification of websites.
Costs of Fees:
Schedule 1 – Business Planning and Transition Assistance
- Equity requirement of 15% including Sweat Equity.
Schedule 2 – Product Development and Enhancement
- Equity requirement of 15%.
- Up to $10 000 in existing Equity (captial infrastructure for which no previous contribution funds have been received from the GNWT) and/or Sweat Equity may be applied towards the project.
Schedule 3 – Marketing Assistance for Tourism Businesses
- Equity requirement of 15%.
- Any other information requested by the economic development officer during the application process.
TPDMP is a two-stage application process. The first step is an application called an Expression of Interest (EOI). After the EOIs are reviewed, applicants with approved applications will be invited to submit a full proposal with more details about the proposed project.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted between October 30 – December 15, 2017.
Those interested in applying for this program can do so through their ITI Regional Office or by contacting Tourism and Parks.