It’s been dubbed the World’s Largest Film Festival! National Canadian Film Day - an annual coast-to-coast-to-coast film screening that will take place this year on April 19 and celebrate Canada’s 150th.
Approximately 1,700 events are taking place including several in the Northwest Territories (NWT). Check out the full schedule of the free NWT film screenings below!
This year in Yellowknife, the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment’s (ITI) Film Commission has partnered with Western Arctic Moving Pictures (WAMP) and the Association franco-culturelle de Yellowknife (AFCY) as well as several community organizations to coordinate a full day of screening made possible, in part, by funding from the Department of Education, Culture and Employment.
The NWT first hosted a National Film Day event in 2014. Along with the territory’s film industry, the annual event has expanded to include more communities and regional centres and several hundred people are expected to take part in the 2017 festivities.
Learn more at: canadianfilmday.ca
NWT Film Screenings – Schedule
- The Trotsky and Breakaway - 10:30AM - Ecole Saint Patrick High School
- Anne of Green Gables - 2:00PM - Yellowknife Public Library
- One Week - 7:00PM - Capitol Theatre (Theatre A)
- Goon - 9:00PM - Capitol Theatre (Theatre A)
- Living With Giants (French-language Film) - 7:00PM Capitol Theatre (Theatre B)
*Bonus: The film will be screened alongside two NFB shorts :
- Nyla Innuksuk’s Breaths and
- Will Cyr’s Les Acadiens de la Nouvelle-Écosse
- Québékoisie (French-language Film) - 9:00PM - Capitol Theatre (Theatre B)
- One Week and The Lesser Blessed - 7:00PM - Riverview Cineplex
- Snowtime! - 2:00PM - Inuvik Youth Centre
- Angry Inuk - 7:00PM - 191 Mackenzie Road
- The Sun At Midnight **NWT Film! - 7:00PM - Kitti Hall
- Reel Youth films **NWT Films! - 6:00PM - Fort Liard Rec Centre