What is it?
The Agriculture & Agri-Food Research program investigates and evaluates:
- Cultivation of new agricultural crops to increase diversification.
- New production and processing techniques.
- New value added agri-food products.
- Commercial feasibility of non-timber forest products including syrups and mushrooms.
What is the purpose?
Funding is available for agricultural studies and pilot projects to investigate and evaluate the agriculture sector in the NWT. $10 000 is available for:
- Research studies costs.
- Pilot projects costs.
- NOTE: Travel costs must be consistent with GNWT travel expense guidelines.
All NWT residents, individual agriculture producers and agri-food processors, agri-businesses, non-profit organizations, agricultural associations, communities, and Territorial and Municipal government are eligible.
How do I apply?
- Download and application below and submit it to your regional ITI office.
- Provide detailed information including cost, objectives, and success indicators.
- Financial accountability and a final report covering all final productions and indicators of success are required.
To learn more, contact your regional ITI office.