The Agriculture & Human Resources program consists of two components: Agriculture Development and Human Resource Development to support the NWT agriculture industry by building the necessary knowledge and skills to increase production and competitiveness.
What is the purpose?
Support is available for the NWT agriculture industry in two programs:
- Agriculture Development: Support for the development of agriculture projects that enhance regional development and contribute to sustainability. The amount of funding varies and activities can include:
- Between $1000 and $10 000 per acre for land sustainability and diversification.
- Up to $200 per acre to offset agriculture input costs.
- Up to $10 000 to increase productivity and capacity of greenhouses.
- Up to $2500 to offset the cost of harvesting, processing, and storage.
- Up to $2000 for labor or consultant services and support.
- Human Resource Development: Support for individuals and organizations to attend or conduct agricultural training, workshops, seminars, and conferences. The program will provide:
- Up to 50% of the cost to attend conferences outside of the NWT. Maximum available is $5000.
- Up to 100% of the cost to attended conferences within the NWT. Maximum available is $10 000.
All NWT residents, individual agriculture producers and agri-food processors, agri-businesses, non-profit organizations, agricultural associations, communities, and Territorial and Municipal government are eligible.
How do I apply?
- Download an application below and submit it to your regional ITI office.
- Agriculture Development – Provide detailed plan including drawings, specifications, costs, expects outcomes/results, and projected income/sales.
- Human Resource Development – Provide detailed plan including costs, description of venue, and benefits of training.
To learn more, contact your regional ITI office.
Agriculture Hotline - (877) 821 8256