The Community Economic Development category of the SEED policy is available to all NWT Associations, Aboriginal Organizations or Municipalities up to a maximum of $25,000 per year.
What is the purpose?
To encourage economic initiatives within communities including feasibility planning, the development of infrastructure, improved access to business information, and community events that promote economic development.
What are the funds for?
- Planning costs.
- Capital assets.
- Investment and development costs.
- Promotional and project management costs.
Funds may not be used for:
- Infrastructure that is the responsibility of other government areas.
- Purchasing of land of property for speculative purposes.
- Projects that only benefit one business.
What information do I need to provide?
Information will vary with the amount of funds that are being applied for:
- Outline of the scope and intent of the project. This is to include: budgets, quotes, and related statements.
- The names of any outside services providing assistance to the project.
- Any other relevant information related to the proposal. This may include what is requested by the regional panel for evaluation and recommendation purposes.
- Group One communities (Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith, and Inuvik) – 30%
- Group Two communities (all other communities within the NWT) – 20%
To apply for Community Economic Development funding, download the form below.
For more information contact your regional Economic Development Officer.
|SEED Application Form||411.28 KB|