The Market Development program supports the NWT agriculture industry to increase their competitiveness in the marketplace by providing marketing support and shipping cost subsidies.
What is the purpose?
The purpose is to assist the NWT agriculture sector in becoming competitive within the market. Support you can apply for includes (lifetime support limits):
- Up to $5000 for promotion and marketing costs such as logos, labels, and packaging.
- Up to $2500 for development of marketing programs and feasibility studies.
- Up to $3500 for participation of marketing events.
- Up to $5000 for consultant fees and travel costs associated with promotion and marketing in marketing events.
- Up to $3500 for marketing organizations such as farmers’ markets and agri-tourism.
- Offsetting freight costs. 100% for the first $2500, 50% beyond $2500 up to a maximum of $10 000.
- NOTE: Travel costs must be consistent with GNWT travel expense guidelines.
- Note: Support available is the lifetime limit.
All NWT residents, individual agriculture producers and agri-food processors, agri-businesses, non-profit organizations, agricultural associations, communities, and Territorial and Municipal government are eligible.
How do I apply?
- Download an application below and submit it to your regional ITI office.
- Provide detailed information including cost, objectives, and success indicators and/or identified shipper and destination(s).
To learn more, contact your regional ITI office.