A program to help underserved, remote communities and organizations operating within them get the resources they need to support and promote agriculture programming in their areas.
Funding is available for activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Funding to encourage the introduction of food growing skills in communities typically underserved, with the intent of starting community-based food production initiatives
- Funding that will encourage greater awareness of the economic benefits to growing and using local food products in order to diversify the economy within the community at large. This could involve product use training related to harvesting, processing and promoting the use of market local food
- Funding to initiate and establish greater self-sufficiency in food production where the cost-of- living is exceptionally high
Note: Reimbursement for travel costs must be consistent with GNWT travel expense guidelines.
- Governments, such as municipal and local Indigenous governments.
- Educational institutions – local or regional District Education Councils / Authorities, elementary or secondary schools, after-school programs and community-based programs.
A completed Canadian Agriculture Partnership application form providing detailed information including: full project costing, objectives, outcomes, and outputs and indicators for success — specific to the program area you wish to apply under.
How do I apply?
Download an application below indicating and submit it to your regional ITI office. If you have any questions, please contact your regional office.