Many activities related to public lands require special permits and licences.

Prospecting permits, mineral claims and mining leases that were administered by Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC) prior to April 1, 2014, will continue under the same terms and conditions after Devolution on April 1, 2014, and will remain in effect until the interest is surrendered or is cancelled.

Effective April 1, 2014, trans-boundary claims will no longer be accepted. If you are staking claims near the Northwest Territories/Nunavut border, you will be required to stake wholly on one side or the other.

Below are links to some of the forms you might need for new approvals and applications with the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment.

Mining Regulations

Coal Regulations

Financial Analysis and Royalty Administration Forms (for the Mining Regulations)

If you cannot find what you're looking for, or you are not sure what you require for your activity, please contact us