Updated Material for the anticipated 2024 Morel harvesting season will be available by April 1st, 2024.
With support from the Canada Northwest Territories Growing Forward 2 Agreement, the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment hosted a number of Morel Mushroom Information Sessions. Morel mushrooms are a prized delicacy sought by national and international food service markets. The documents below provide important information about potential morel mushroom harvesting opportunities, proper harvesting and handling techniques, how to identify harvesting areas, and tools and preparedness.
Safety Information and Resources:
- Check DOT’s website or follow @GNWT_DOT on Twitter for current highway conditions.
- Wildland Fire Updates can be found at www.nwtfire.com
- Safety and Security during the morel mushroom harvesting season - Notice from the RCMP
- WSCC & Morel Mushrooms
Morel Harvesting Guides:
- Morel Mushroom Harvester's Guide
- GUIDE DE RÉCOLTE Les morilles aux Territoires du Nord-Ouest
- Morel Mushroom Do's and Don'ts - bilingual
- Dehcho - Morel Mushroom Handbook
- South Slave - Morel Mushroom Handbook
- North Slave and Tlicho - Morel Mushroom Handbook