Are you a farmer, greenhouse grower, harvester, or fisher with great ideas for increasing local food production and availability for NWT consumers in the commercial marketplace? This program can help bring your ideas to life.
Funding is available in several areas:
- A maximum of $3,000 per year, for the first two years of operation to assist agricultural start-up or new-entrant producers and processors with initial operating costs such as seed, transplants, fertilizer and biological controls, to.
- A maximum of $15,000 annually to assist agricultural producers and agri-food processors to offset the cost of harvesting, processing or other specialized equipment to support their operation.
- A maximum of $15,000 over the five-year life of the program to support the purchase and construction of food storage facilities.
- A maximum of $15,000 over the five-year life of the program for activities to increase the productive capacity of commercial (e.g. >150 m2) greenhouses to a maximum of $20 per square metre.
- A maximum of $15,000 over the five-year life of the program to assist with the purchase of materials and construction of a commercial (>150 m2) greenhouse selling products to the public.
- A maximum of $15,000 annually for the implementation of new technologies to encourage greater process efficiencies or improved yields to a maximum of $15,000 annually.
- A maximum of $7500 annually, and $15,000 over the five-year life of the program. for agriculture land sustainability and diversification activities, including the clearing and breaking of land and other improvements, such as fencing, to a maximum of $1,000 per 900 m2 (this equates to 9,688 square feet or approximately ¼ acre)
- A maximum of $10,000 over the five-year life of the program for other activities which may include hiring third-party labour and consultant services for professional, technical and analytical support.
- A maximum of $15,000 over the five-year life of the program to offset the costs of materials, or minor construction of commercial livestock or other production facilities, to a program maximum of 75% of project costs.
For full details on funding availability, see the program guidelines below.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible applicants include:
- NWT residents
- NWT farmers
- food producers
- Local and Indigenous governments involved in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products industry (this includes individuals, businesses, Indigenous organizations, industry associations and non-for-profits whose mandate is related to agriculture and agri-foods production or processing).
For more detailed guidelines, download the document below.
Applicants are required to contribute at least 10% of cost value to the project (i.e. as cash or in-kind contributions). Sweat equity will be recognized when it is a relevant cost.
A completed Canadian Agriculture Partnership application form providing detailed information including: full project costing, objectives, outcomes, and outputs and indicators for success.
How do I apply?
Download an application below and submit it to your regional ITI office. If you have any questions, please contact your regional office.
|Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program Guide||258.74 KB|
|Canadian Agricultural Partnership - Application Form||399.73 KB|