Could you or your business benefit from skills development and training opportunities? This program provides funding to help you access these opportunities and help advance agriculture as a whole in the NWT.
Who is eligible?
NWT residents who are experienced and/or new entrants into agricultural food production as well as agri-food processing business and/or involved in northern-based agri-businesses.
Support is available in a number of different areas:
- A maximum of $3,000 per year, for the first two years of operation to assist agricultural start-up or new-entrant producers and processors with initial operating costs such as seed, transplants, fertilizer and biological controls.
- A maximum of $15,000 annually to assist agricultural producers and agri-food processors to offset the cost of harvesting, processing or other specialized equipment to support their operation.
- A maximum of $15,000 over the five-year life of the program to support the purchase and construction of food storage facilities.
- A maximum of $15,000 over the five-year life of the program for activities to increase the productive capacity of commercial (e.g. >150 m2) greenhouses to a maximum of $20 per square metre.
- A maximum of $15,000 over the five-year life of the program to assist with the purchase of materials and construction of a commercial (>150 m2) greenhouse selling products to the public.
- A maximum of $15,000 annually for the implementation of new technologies to encourage greater process efficiencies or improved yields.
- A maximum of $7,500 annually, to a five-year program limit of $15,000 for agriculture land sustainability and diversification activities, including the clearing and breaking of land and other improvements, such as fencing, to a maximum of $1,000 per 900 m2 (this equates to 9,688 square feet or approximately ¼ acre).
- Other activities which may include hiring third-party labour and consultant services for professional, technical and analytical support to a program five year maximum of $10,000.
- Funding to offset the costs of materials, or minor construction of commercial livestock or other production facilities, to a program maximum of 75% of project costs not to exceed $15,000 annually.
Download the program guidelines below for details.
A completed Canadian Agriculture Partnership application form providing detailed information including: full project costing, objectives, outcomes, and outputs and indicators for success.
How do I apply?
Download an application below and submit it to your regional ITI office. If you have any questions, please contact your regional office.
|Canadian Agricultural Partnership - Application Form||399.73 KB|
|Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program Guide||258.74 KB|