The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) is a suite of programs and funding designed to help support agriculture in Canada. It is delivered in the NWT by the GNWT in partnership with the Government of Canada.
Funding is available across eight programs under the Partnership umbrella:
- Market Development Program
- Agriculture Training Program
- Agriculture and Food Processing Development Program
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Research Program
- Food Safety Program
- Agriculture and the Environment Program
- Agriculture Awareness Program
- Small Scale Foods Program
For details, see the program guidelines document below.
Who is eligible?
Eligible recipients identified under the Partnership program must be NWT residents.
As defined, this includes:
- Primary producers and producer organizations
- Processors and processor organizations
- Indigenous governments, communities and groups, municipal, community and territorial government bodies
- Research bodies, and other industry and non-profit organizations whose mandate relates to agriculture and agri-food production and processing.
- Be a current resident of the Northwest Territories for at least one year and be at least 19 years of age
- Have a working history with food growing or agri-food processing
- For new entrants, demonstrate an interest in commercial food development
Businesses must be:
- Based and operating within the Northwest Territories for at least one year
- An agricultural producer or agri-food processor
- A sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation that is registered and in good standing with the Department of Justice, Legal Registries Division
- Operating a farm or processing facility with commercial sales, or be able to demonstrate current/future commercial viability (a Business Plan is required)
Non-profit organizations must be:
- Registered as a northern-based non-profit society organization and in good standing with the NWT Registrar of Societies.
Consideration will be given to cooperatives or collectives that have a mandate that is agriculture, agro-foods, or agro-products industry-based.
For detailed eligibility requirements, see each individual program area.
A completed Canadian Agriculture Partnership application form providing detailed information including: full project costing, objectives, outcomes, and outputs and indicators for success — specific to the program area you wish to apply under.
How do I apply?
Download an application below indicating and submit it to your regional ITI office. If you have any questions, please contact your regional office.
|Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program Guide||258.74 KB|
|Canadian Agricultural Partnership - Application Form||399.73 KB|