A Business Advisory Council has been established to provide advice to the Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI) on mitigating the short-term economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on Northwest Territories (NWT) businesses and to provide advice and recommendations on the longer-term actions and initiatives required to support businesses in their recovery. The Business Advisory Council is a 17-member Council representing every region in the NWT and all sectors of the economy, including NWT industry associations and chambers of commerce.
The Business Advisory Council has been meeting regularly since June 5, 2020.
Terms of Reference:
The terms of reference is available here.
For a list of Council Members click here.
Communications from the Business Advisory Council:
- January 21, 2021 - Business Advisory Council Press Release
- November 6, 2020 - Key Challenges Summary
- November 2, 2020 - Coordinated and sustained pandemic response key component of ensuring economic recovery in Northwest Territories
- September 14, 2020 - GNWT Funding For Aviation Industry
- August 31, 2020 – Key Challenges as identified by Business Advisory Committee
- June 10, 2020 – Business Advisory Council Press Release
Recommendations from the Business Advisory Council: