In this section
The objective of the NWT Manufacturing Innovation and Technology Contribution is to fund the best proposal for an investment in technology designed to reduce costs, increase productivity, and increase local employment by a NWT manufacturer.
- The contribution is open to individuals and businesses.
- Individual applicants must be residents of the Northwest Territories.
- All applicants must have a valid Northwest Territories business license, registered with NWT corporate registries and have a permanent business office in the Northwest Territories.
- Any applicant (individual or business) can submit more than one entry, but each applicant will be eligible for only one contribution.
- Applicants who are part of an entry (e.g. with another individual or business) may not submit an entry separately. Put another way for clarity, an individual or business can only submit entries under a single name or group.
The purpose of the contribution is to encourage manufacturers to make investments in their operations that will make them more competitive in their operations. The investment must reduce costs and improve productivity and result in an increase in local employment.
The successful proposal will be required to have an equity contribution of at least 20 percent of the total purchase price of the technology/equipment that is proposed in the proposal.
All expenses as outlined in the proposal will be considered.
- Applicants should answer all questions in the application form as completely as possible.
- Download the Application Form which has been put together for you to use your submission.
Applicants must download and complete all questions on the Application Form.
- The deadline for applications will be November 19, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
- Entries are to be submitted via email to BIP@gov.nt.ca (Subject line -Innovation 2021–Company Name).
- The successful applicant will be announced within 30 days after the closing date of applications.*
*PLEASE NOTE* if you are uploading a larger file, please either 'zip' the file or print to PDF in order to reduce its size.
|NWT Manufacturing Innovation and Technology Guidelines 2021||629.26 KB|
|Innovation 2021 Application Form||331 KB|