This program will offer support to relieve financial pressure felt by small businesses in the Northwest Territories (NWT) affected by the evacuation orders caused by wildfires.
The maximum funding available under this initiative is $5,000 per business.
Funding is available until March 31, 2024, or until the SEED Policy budget has been exhausted. Funding will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
This initiative will assist businesses that have been closed due to an evacuation order.
All NWT Businesses are eligible for assistance. Eligibility restrictions under the SEED Policy still apply.
Eligible costs can include but are not limited to:
- insurance deductibles and/or payments,
- commercial rents and ‘like’ financing charges,
- interest on mortgages and loans,
- utilities, and
- other ‘like’ costs deemed reasonable at the sole discretion of the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment.
Funding will not cover those costs already covered by insurance.
How to Apply
To apply, eligible businesses will be required to:
- Complete an application form and attach all required documents identified in the application checklist.
- Submit a copy of a valid business license.
- Be in compliance with Corporate Registries.
- Provide documentation to demonstrate actual costs incurred during the period covered by an evacuation order [insert dates depending on community].
- Submit the completed application form to your regional office.
Please be advised that many regional offices are closed due to evacuation orders in many communities. If your local regional office is in an evacuated community, please submit your application by email.
|SEED Application Form - Wildfire Relief.pdf||799.49 KB|
|SEED Policy||228.17 KB|
|SEED Brochure - Bilingual||4.2 MB|
|FAQ - SEED Support for Businesses affected by Wildfire Evacuation.pdf||219.82 KB|