As promised in its 2019-2023 Mandate, the GNWT has initiated a review of how it contracts and purchases goods and services (known as procurement).
The job of hearing from Indigenous governments and organizations, elected leaders, the business community, stakeholders and residents on this important issue will be completed by a third party advisory panel.
[Link to: Blog GNWT Procurement Review: Meet the independent panel that will guide the conversation.]
This panel has also been tasked to evaluate and distil what they learn from their engagements into recommended actions for the GNWT to consider and implement.
Over 20 engagements are planned with varying stakeholder and representative organizations and governments across the territory.
Online public engagement opportunities have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, February 4, 2020 (7pm)
- Sunday, February 28, 2020 (2pm)
- Tuesday, March 30, 2020 (7pm)
- Monday April 26, 2020 (7pm)
If you are interested in having your say on GNWT procurement policies and practices, here’s what you need to do:
- Send an e-mail to Procurement_Review@gov.nt.ca
- In your e-mail, tell us who you are and how we can contact you (providing both an e-mail address and phone number.)
- Give us the date of the public engagement session you would like to participate in.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the panel providing additional instructions on how you can be a part of this important NWT-wide conversation.
A discussion paper has been prepared to guide the panel’s engagements.
You can also choose to complete an online survey by clicking here.