The Mining Recorder's Office is your contact for information on the Mining Regulations.
Under these regulations, we:
- Administer subsurface rights including the issuing of:
- Applications for prospector's licences
- Claim tags
- Minerals claims/leases/prospecting permits
- Maintain MITS database
- Keep records
- Provide claim maps
What can we do for you?
- Provide information and advice on mineral rights to interested groups
- Provide map copies
- Provide information and legislative packages
- Conduct custom subsurface rights research
- Provide mineral disposition reports for land claimant groups, individuals and government
- Provide a Guide to the New Mining Regulations
Mineral Tenure Web Map
Access the Mineral Tenure Web Map to view current data on mineral properties in the NWT, research geographical data online and produce customized maps using GIS information with specific focuses such as minerals and land claim areas. Click here to access a downloadable version.
Mining Regulation Requirements
For a plain language summary of the Mining Regulation Requirements for Prospector's Licences, Prospecting Permits, mineral claims and mining leases, click here.