CTIC is administered by the GNWT Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI). The goals of the program are to:
- Enhance NWT community tourism assets to encourage people to visit and stay longer in communities;
- Encourage partnerships between non-government organizations and private industry in the tourism sector;
- Increase the use of communications technology in tourism products; and
- Enhance the local tourism economy.
Successful applicants may receive up to $200,000 or 50% of project costs (whichever is less).
Costs can include:
- Capital projects and costs.
- Communication infrastructure.
- Development of innovative information technology tourism products or service.
- Planning studies or site development.
Call for applications normally issued in November with a deadline in January.
A municipal government, band council, economic development agency or Aboriginal organization in the NWT.
A non-profit society in good standing and registered in the NWT.
How to apply
It is strongly recommended that you contact your regional Tourism Development Officer to discuss your idea prior to the development of your proposal.
On the application form, please provide a brief project description (one or two sentences) as well as budget information about:
- total project costs,
- equity, and
- other funding sources.
In addition to the information provided on the application form, you need to submit a complete project proposal which includes a complete budget breakdown for the proposed project, or your application will be considered incomplete and not reviewed.