The Community Tourism Infrastructure Contribution Program (CTIC) provides funding to community governments and non-government organizations to support new and innovative tourism infrastructure projects in and around their communities.
This program is not currently accepting applications.
In this section
- A municipal government, band council, economic development agency or Aboriginal organization in the NWT.
- A non-profit society in good standing and registered in the NWT.
Successful applicants may receive up to $200,000 or 50% of project costs (whichever is less).
Costs can include:
- Capital projects and costs.
- Communication infrastructure.
- Development of innovative information technology tourism products or service.
- Planning studies or site development.
- Your organization operates on a non-profit basis and benefits the tourism industry and local economy.
- Your project will increase the attractiveness of your community to visitors.
- Your project enhances partnerships between non-government community groups and the private sector.
- There are resources available for any operating costs.
- Your project must align with the community tourism plan (if no plan is available, you must demonstrate community support).
Applicants are required to contribute a minimum investment of 50% equity. Equity may be from personal resources, leveraged from other funding sources or both.
CTIC is a two-stage application process. The first step is an application called an Expression of Interest (EOI). After the EOIs are reviewed, applicants with approved applications will be invited to submit a full proposal with more details about the proposed project.
To submit an EOI, please submit:
- Completed and signed Expression of Interest: Community Tourism Infrastructure Contribution Program Application Form
- Community tourism plan and/or letter(s) of support from community government office
This program is not currently accepting applications. Look out for the next opportunity.
Complete an expression of interest and contact your local regional office during the intake period.