March 2, 2023
It’s a sure sign of Spring!
The draw for Extended Stay campsites at Prelude and Reid Lake will take place this Sunday!
Ten full-season campsites and 80 half-season campsites are being made available at discounted rates between Prelude and Reid Lake campgrounds.
This year’s draw will take place at the École Allain St-Cyr Gymnasium. Registration opens at 1:00pm and closes at 2:30pm. The draw will begin promptly at 2:30pm.
If you plan on entering the draw this year, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the process and the ballot.
Here’s some other things to remember:
- Attend in person; if not make sure the person attending for you has your registration, plate number and appropriate payment. (To have someone enter the draw on your behalf, you must complete this form beforehand.)
- Come early to avoid a line-up and to get a good seat. Registration starts at 1:00pm.
- You must bring a certified cheque or money order totalling the amount of your desired site. Cheques should be made out to the Government of the Northwest Territories. Debit cards, Credit cards and Cash will NOT be accepted
- Your cheque will be returned to you immediately after the draw if you do not receive a site.
- If you have other questions, about the Extended Stay Draw, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions listed on the NWT Parks page.