Extended-stay campsites are back for 2021!
In total, 90 extended-stay permits will be issued this year as follows:
- 20 permits at the Prelude Lake campground for the period May 14 to July 15;
- 20 permits at the Prelude Lake campground for the period July 15 to September 15;
- 20 permits at the Reid Lake campground for the period May 14 to July 15;
- 20 permits at the Reid Lake campground for the period July 15 to September 15; and
- 10 Full season permits at the Reid Lake campground for the period May 14 to September 15.
Extended-stay sites cost $525.00 for a half-season and $1050 for the full season. (Tent pads are not available under the extended stay permits.)
The draw for extended-stay sites will take place Thursday, April 8, 2021 – with a twist! In keeping with COVID-19 protocols, this year's draw will take place virtually.
In order to get your name in the draw, for an extended-stay campsite, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to www.nwtparks.ca Under the ‘Reservations’ dropdown select ‘Seasonal Campsites’
- Download and fill out both the ballot and application form.
- E-mail your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00pm Noon on Tuesday April 6, 2021
The draw will take place on Thursday April 8th at 3:00pm. (You will be able to watch it on the NWT Parks Facebook page).
If your name is drawn on (Thursday) April 8th, you will receive a call on (Sunday) April 11th to choose your campsite and finalize the transaction. (These calls will be made in the same sequence as the names were pulled from the draw.) If you are not available to take a call on April 11th, be sure to provide contact information for someone to choose a campsite for you. (You do this under Item #6 (Proxy Section) on the application form.)
Here’s some important information about filling out your ballot
To complete your ballot and have it entered in the draw, you will need to:
Provide your RV/Camper registration and license plate number
- Provide your credit card information
- Identify (on the ballot) which park you want to camp in, or whether you will take a campsite in either park.
Choose the time period you wish to camp.
- If you choose “I will accept any dates” you can pick either the first half or the second half of the season.
- If you do not check off a park and date, then we will assume you are prepared to accept a reservation at any park at any time.
- Please only enter the draw if you are committed to camping during the times indicated on your ballot.
Check off the sites you DO NOT want.
If one or more of your preferred sites is available when you are called, you MUST choose one or forfeit your ballot and registration.
If none of the sites indicated on your ballot are available when you are called, you will be excused from the draw.