November 13, 2020
ITI’s NWT Film Commission is accepting expressions of interest from film and media arts producers in the NWT interested in attending the Whistler Film Festival’s Content Summit 2020 which taking place virtually December 1-20, 2020.
This year’s Content Summit will take place exclusively online and feature more than 36 regularly-scheduled sessions over the three week period. Industry delegates will have access to keynote presentations, workshops and moderated discussions on topics ranging from finance, marketing, distribution, gender and inclusion; to co-production, and the art and craft behind the screen. The Content Summit will also feature a pitch competition, networking events and 1+1market meetings.
The NWT Film Commission will provide the cost of an industry pass to qualifying NWT film and media arts producers who can demonstrate that they:
- Are a full member of the NWT Professional Media Association;
- Have significant (normally two or more years) professional experience in directing, writing and/or producing for film and/or television; and
- Currently reside in the NWT.
Expressions of interest can be sent to the NWT Film Commission by email at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm (MST).
Applicants should explain:
- Why attending the Content Summit will be important for their business, marketing, and career plans;
- What goals they have for attending; and
- What they hope to accomplish.
By providing funding support to qualified NWT film and media arts producers, ITI is working to maintain and increase the profile of NWT film and media producers in the global marketplace - and to nurture business skills and professional development even in this time of COVID-19 restrictions.