June 19, 2020
The mining industry is a key component of the NWT economy. The NWT’s mining sector employs over 3,000 people and spends $800 million a year in the NWT.
Each year, the Government of the Northwest Territories partners with the WSCC and the NWT & NU Chamber of Mines to celebrate mining in a week-long NWT Mining Week celebration. This year, with Covid-19 restrictions in place that prohibits the number of in-person gatherings, the NWT Mining Week 2020 celebrations will be held on the web and shared on social media.
The week-long NWT mining celebration will be held from Sunday, June 21st until Saturday, June 27th and will include:
- downloadable youth activity booklets with contest and daily prizes
- A social media photo contest with daily prizes
- The launch of the NWT Walking Tour App (a geological walk app)
- Videos with geologists
- Many social media posts which highlight the contribution of mining to our NWT communities.
We look forward to celebrating this memorable NWT Mining Week with you in such a unique way.
Make sure to bookmark the menu option titled “NWT Mining Week” on http://miningnorthworks.com/nwt-mining-week/ and follow Industry, Tourism and Investment and the NWT & NU Chamber of Mines on Social Media for stories, contest info, and links to the Mining Week content.
- To go to the Mining Week Webpage, click here