June 11, 2018
The Northwest Territories (NWT) is home to some incredible hosts.
During National Tourism Week (May 27 – June 1), locals nominated the best hosts in their communities for the many different ways they made visitors feel welcome – including greeting travellers at the airport, sharing language and culture, and giving tips on local attractions.
It was all part of the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment’s #NWTHost campaign.
From Paulatuk to Fort Good Hope and Lutselke to Jean Marie River, we heard stories about incredible locals going the extra mile.
Here is a sample of some of the great nominations:
When visitors arrive in the NWT, they encounter people throughout our communities – not just those in the tourism and hospitality industry. Making them feel welcome leaves a lasting impression and can help grow the territory’s tourism industry.
NWT, here’s a recap of the #NWTHost Contest by the Numbers:
- 63: The number of #NWTHost nominations you made
- 1.2k: Your likes, shares and comments on Facebook
- 42.6k: The number of people who saw the contest on Facebook
- 186: Your likes, retweets and comments on Twitter
- 4.6k: The number of times you watched the campaign videos on Cabin Radio
Thank you NWT for participating and sharing your stories!