June 5, 2020
The NWT Film Commission is working with Western Arctic Moving Pictures to offer NWT film producers free access to a Virtual Film Production Script-to-Screen Training Series to hone and improve their skills while Covid-19 has restricted most film production activity.
The series is being delivered by independent NWT filmmakers and consist of seven topics.
Lindsey McNeill led a sold-out series of workshops on Screenwriting through the month of May.
This month, Jen Walden is leading a multi-day workshop on Directing.
Walden was one of six women directors to participate in the inaugural Woman Directors Mentorship Program by the Canadian Academy of Film and Television. She has also Directed several local short films, a Feature Film and a Season of Reality TV.
The remaining training opportunities are scheduled as follows:
- Workshop 3: Pre-Production with Jeremy Emerson [Early July]
- Workshop 4: Film Equipment with Terry Woolf [Late July]
- Workshop 5: Film Production with Ben McGregor and Jay Bulckaert [August]
- Workshop 6: Post Production with WAMP staff [October]
- Workshop 7: Marketing & Exhibition [October/November]
Spaces are limited and are being offered on a first come first serve.
For more information about how to register please contact Courtney McKiel at Western Arctic Moving Pictures by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org