Looking to get ahead in your industry with cutting-edge ideas and new contacts? This program can help connect you with the information and contacts you need to build your business.
Under the Business Intelligence and Networking program, financial assistance may be available to assist with costs associated with attendance at seminars and trade shows to access information regarding new technologies or business opportunities.
- Assistance may be provided to a maximum of $4,000 per Resident per trip. A NWT Business may submit an application for as many as two Residents.
- The maximum funding available to any Resident or NWT Business in the Business Intelligence and Networking category is $8,000 per year.
Trip costs must exceed $1,500 (that is per traveller) and eligible costs are limited to event registration fees, lowest available airfare, and standard accommodation.
- Expenses including, but not limited to per diems, incidentals, salaries, and honoraria are excluded.
There are Equity Requirements, these are determined by destination:
- Minimum of $500 allocated towards eligible costs for travel inside the NWT.
- Minimum of $1000 allocated towards eligible costs for travel outside the NWT.
Funding is available from April 1 to March 31st annually.
NWT Residents and NWT Businesses are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
It is strongly recommended that you contact your regional Economic Development Officer to discuss your idea prior to the development of your proposal.
Complete an application form and attach all required documents identified in the application checklist.
Submit the completed application form to your regional office.