These funds can help businesses expand their networks and gain valuable skills by investing in attendance at conferences, tradeshows, and seminars which may not be available in the NWT.
These funds are provided under the Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic Development (SEED) Policy.
Who is eligible?
- NWT residents
- NWT businesses
- NWT Indigenous organizations
- NWT associations
- NWT municipalities
A maximum of $8000 per year per individual or business is available for:
- Event fees.
- Standard Accommodations
- Lowest available airfare
- If you choose to drive, costs will be allocated based on the GNWT’s private vehicle rate and accommodation costs.
- Driving costs cannot exceed that of the lowest available airfare.
Funds are NOT to be used for:
- Per Diem, incidentals, honorariums, or salaries.
For detailed information on funding, see section four on page 13 of the SEED policy below.
- Short description of the trade show or seminar – include: budget, benefits and schedule
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Any other relevant information related to the proposal. This may include what is requested by the regional panel for evaluation and recommendation purposes.
For a complete list of required documents see the Application Checklist on the last page of the SEED application.
- Minimum of $1000 allocated towards eligible costs for travel outside the Northwest Territories.
- Minimum of $500 allocated towards the eligible costs for travel within the Northwest Territories.
How do I apply?
To apply for Business Intelligence and Networking funding, download the application form below and contact your regional Industry Tourism and Investment office to book an appointment to speak with an economic development officer.