This program provides funding to local communities and organizations looking to further develop their economies, advance regional economic development initiatives, and/or invest in events promoting economic opportunities.
Under the Community Economic Development program, up to $25,000 in support can be provided in four categories:
- Feasibility studies, strategic plans, evaluations and planning costs that investigate economic opportunities and build on existing community resources;
- The purchase or further development of physical infrastructure (i.e. capital assets) where the lack of infrastructure constrains business development;
- Improving access to business information;
- Host and promote community-based festivals and events that highlight NWT products or talent and are key to economic development for the community.
There are minimum Equity Requirements, these are determined by community:
- Group 1 communities (Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith, and Inuvik) – 30% of project costs
- Group 2 communities (all other communities within NWT) – 20% of project costs
Funding is available from April 1 to March 31st annually.
NWT-based associations, municipalities, and Indigenous organizations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
It is strongly recommended that you contact your regional Economic Development Officer to discuss your idea prior to the development of your proposal.
Complete an application form and attach all required documents identified in the application checklist.
Submit the completed application form to your regional office.
|SEED Application Form||764.95 KB|
|SEED Policy||228.17 KB|
|SEED Brochure - Bilingual||4.2 MB|