These funds can help organizations looking to advance regional economic development initiatives by investing in planning, infrastructure, information campaigns, and events promoting economic opportunities.
These funds are provided under the Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic Development (SEED) Policy.
Who is eligible?
- NWT Indigenous organizations
- Qualified NWT associations
A maximum of $25,000 of funding is available for:
- Planning costs
- Capital assets
- Investment and development costs
- Promotional and project management cost.
Funds are NOT to be used for:
- Infrastructure that is the responsibility of other government areas
- Purchasing of land of property for speculative purposes
- Projects that only benefit one business
Information required may vary depending on the amount of funds that are being applied for. However, expect to provide the following:
- Outline of the scope and intent of the project to include: budgets, quotes, and related statements.
- The names of any outside services providing assistance to the project.
- Any other relevant information related to the proposal. This may include what is requested by the regional panel for evaluation and recommendation purposes.
For a complete list of required documents see the Application Checklist on the last page of the SEED application.
- Group One communities (Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith, and Inuvik) – 30%
- Group Two communities (all other communities within the NWT) – 20%
How do I apply?
To apply for Community Economic Development funding, download the form below and contact your regional Industry Tourism and Investment office to book an appointment to speak with an economic development officer.