The Department of Industry Tourism and Investment supports a network of community Economic Development Officers (EDOs) to promote business development in the NWT.
The Department either employs these staff directly or provides funds to community governments to employ them.
Regional EDOs are experienced, knowledgeable, and networked to business development contacts in other organizations, financial institutions, and government departments and agencies. These business development specialists are ready to offer programs, support, advice, and assistance in the following areas:
- New business development and existing business expansion
- Access to field specialists, such as regional tourism officers, petroleum officers, and business development officers
- Mentoring, funding and business network development
- Business training, awareness and counseling
- Sourcing information and market data
- Development of opportunities in a wide range of economic sectors
Contact the numbers listed to get in touch with an EDO in your region.