The Micro Business funding is for licensed artists, crafters, filmmakers, commercial renewable resource harvesters, and small businesses who need a little bit of funding to get their small projects to sustainability.
These investments are provided under the Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic Development (SEED) Policy.
It is strongly recommended that you contact your regional Economic Development Officer to discuss your idea prior to the development of your proposal.
Who is eligible?
- NWT residents and entrepreneurs
Up to $6,000 over three years is available in support can be provided for:
- Purchasing tools and equipment to increase the quality or quantity of production related to arts and crafts or the traditional economy.
- Purchase of raw materials for the production of traditional arts and crafts.
- Purchase of film making equipment.
- Purchase prospecting supply, equipment and other expenses directly related to prospecting activity
- Other self-employment activities.
- Group One communities (Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith, and Inuvik) – 30%
- Group Two communities (all other NWT communities within the NWT) – 20%
Outside of Equity requirements, ITI has no other direct costs or fees associated with this program.
- Description of the project along with cost quotes.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Demonstration of ability in the activity being funded.
- Description of the intended market for products – may be required to register on the NWT Arts Database.
For a complete list of required documents see the Application Checklist on the last page of the SEED application.
How to apply
To apply for Micro Business funding, download the application form below and contact your regional Industry Tourism and Investment office to book an appointment speak with an Economic Development Officer.
Note: For more information on the Prospector Support Program click here.
|SEED Application Form||764.95 KB|
|SEED Policy||228.17 KB|
|SEED Brochure - Bilingual||4.2 MB|