This funding is for licensed artists, crafters, filmmakers, commercial renewable resource harvesters, and small businesses who need a little bit of funding to get their small projects to sustainability.
It is provided under the Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic Development (SEED) Policy.
Who is eligible?
- NWT residents and entrepreneurs
Up to $5,000 over three years is available to support the following activities:
- Purchasing tools and equipment to increase the quality or quantity of production related to arts and crafts or the traditional economy.
- Purchase of raw materials for the production of traditional arts and crafts.
- Purchase of film making equipment.
- Purchase prospecting supply, equipment and other expenses directly related to prospecting activity
- Other self-employment activities.
- Description of the project along with cost quotes.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Demonstration of ability in the activity being funded.
- Description of the intended market for products – may be required to register on the NWT Arts Database.
For a complete list of required documents see the Application Checklist on the last page of the SEED application.
- Group One communities (Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith, and Inuvik) – 30%
- Group Two communities (all other NWT communities within the NWT) – 20%
How do I apply?
To apply for Micro Business funding, download the application form below and contact your regional Industry Tourism and Investment office to book an appointment speak with an Economic Development Officer.