This program provides funding to NWT businesses looking to making large investments in their company in order to expand and grow their business.
Under the Strategic Investments program, up to $75,000 can be provided for investments that:
- Directly increase the business and economic activity of the local community, or communities;
- Directly result in increased employment outcomes in the local community, or communities;
- Leverage funding sources outside the Government of Northwest Territories (GNWT); and
- Are consistent with Department strategies and/or regional economic development plans.
Where funding limitations require that applications are prioritized, those applications that invest in technology and innovation will receive priority.
There are minimum Equity Requirements, these are determined by community:
- Group 1 communities (Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith, and Inuvik) – 30% of project costs
- Group 2 communities (all other communities within NWT) – 20% of project costs
Funding is available from April 1 to March 31st annually.
How to apply
It is strongly recommended that you contact your regional Economic Development Officer to discuss your idea prior to the development of your proposal.
Complete an application form and attach all required documents identified in the application checklist.
Submit the completed application form to your regional office.