Do you have a great idea to bring major evolutions to your local economy? The Strategic Investment stream of SEED is designed for you.
These funds are provided under the Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic Development (SEED) Policy.
Who is Eligible?
All NWT-based businesses are eligible for these funds.
$75,000 is available annually for projects and initiatives meeting the following conditions:
- Include funds leveraged from sources other than the Government of Northwest Territories
- Directly increase the business and economic activity for one or more communities
- Directly result in increased employment outcomes for one or more communities in the NWT
- Consistency with existing regional economic development plans
- Group One communities (Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith, and Inuvik) – 30%
- Group Two communities (all other communities within the NWT) – 20%
- A completed SEED application form (download below).
- A business plan
How do I apply?
To apply for Strategic Investment funding, download the application form below and contact your regional Industry Tourism and Investment office to book an appointment to speak with an Economic Development Officer.