The Tourism Product Diversification and Marketing Program can help you re-invent, improve or expand your tourism product and operation to meet future market demands by providing funding for business planning, product development and packaging as well as marketing.
This program is not currently accepting applications.
In this section
- NWT Businesses, economic development agencies, and communities.
- Aboriginal Organizations.
- Potential aboriginal culture tourism ventures.
Under TPDMP support can be provided in three schedules:
Schedule 1: Business Planning and Transition Assistance
- Up to $25 000 is available per applicant
- Funds may be applied toward the development of business plans to enhance an existing tourism product or develop a new product with the intent of increasing revenues for an existing Tourism Businesses and attracting new visitors to the NWT
- Costs may include: consulting fees and costs for business plan development, or costs associated with consulting related to obtaining a Tourism Operator Licence
Schedule 2: Product Development and Enhancement
- Up to $250 000 over a single or multiple years. Recipients who receive up to $250,000 will be able to re‑apply again after five years has elapsed from receipt of the contribution.
- Funds may be applied towards the development of a new tourism product or the enhancement of an existing product with the intent of attracting new visitors to the NWT.
- Costs may include: Start-up, capital acquisition, skills upgrading, services or amenities upgrading, website development, or development costs associated with product offerings.
Schedule 3: Marketing Assistance for Tourism Businesses
- Up to $10 000 per applicant.
- Funds may be applied towards marketing projects.
- Costs may include: travel to trade shows, brochure/pamphlet development, launch campaigns, or development/modification of websites.
Schedule 1 – Business Planning and Transition Assistance
- Equity requirement of 15% including Sweat Equity.
Schedule 2 – Product Development and Enhancement
- Equity requirement of 15%.
- Up to $10 000 in existing Equity (captial infrastructure for which no previous contribution funds have been received from the GNWT) and/or Sweat Equity may be applied towards the project.
Schedule 3 – Marketing Assistance for Tourism Businesses
- Equity requirement of 15%.
- Any other information requested by the economic development officer during the application process.
TPDMP is a two-stage application process. The first step is an application called an Expression of Interest (EOI). After the EOIs are reviewed, applicants with approved applications will be invited to submit a full proposal with more details about the proposed project.
This program is not currently accepting applications. Complete an expression of interest and contact your local regional office.