The federal/territorial Sustainable Canadian Agriculture Partnership (Sustainable-CAP) will fund agriculture-based initiatives that strengthen the competitiveness, innovation and resiliency of the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector. Sustainable-CAP funding is delivered in the NWT by the GNWT’s Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment.
Funding allocations are determined on a case-by-case basis based on the application received with an emphasis placed on projects focussed on:
- Commercial Agriculture and Agri-Food Development
- Diversity and Extension
- Community Food Production
- Agri-Environmental Planning
- Resilient Agriculture Landscape Program (RALP)
- Market Development
- Northern Agriculture and Agri-Food Research
Unless otherwise specified, industry organizations and municipal, territorial and Indigenous governments are eligible for up to 100% of project costs (See Program Guide).
Applications are accepted year-round.
Funding is allocated annually, starting fresh April 1 of each year.
NWT producers, processors, retailers, non-profit organizations, and governments, including Indigenous Governments and Indigenous Organizations are eligible for all Sustainable-CAP NWT funding.
- Be a current resident of the Northwest Territories for at least one year and be at least 19 years of age
Businesses must be:
- Based and operating within the Northwest Territories for at least one year
- An agricultural producer or agri-food processor
- A sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation that is registered and in good standing with the Department of Justice, Legal Registries Division
- Operating a farm or processing facility with commercial sales, or be able to demonstrate current/future commercial viability (a Business Plan is required)
Non-profit organizations must be:
- Registered as a northern-based non-profit society organization and in good standing with the NWT Registrar of Societies.
For detailed eligibility requirements, see the Sustainable-CAP program guide.
How to apply
Download an application below and submit it to your regional ITI office. If you have any questions, please contact your regional office.
|S-CAP NWT Program Guide English.pdf||1.68 MB|
|S-CAP NWT Application Form BIL.pdf||898.58 KB|