Updated May 11, 2020 at 4:30 pm
In this section
- Funding Available for NWT Businesses to Manufacture Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Economic Relief Package 1: Northwest Territories COVID-19 Economic Relief
- Economic Relief Package 2: Supporting people, businesses and communities in response to COVID-19
- GNWT Supports Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon Chamber of Mines letter submitted to the Federal Government
- Two New Orders by NWT Chief Public Health Officer Strengthen Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
“This [economic relief] package is valued at $8.259 million dollars and will be implemented immediately. This complements the first wave of measures announced earlier this month, creating a total of value of $21.459 million in GNWT COVID-19 support announced to date.”
-GNWT News Release, March 31, 2020.
- Katrina Nokleby: News Conference, New Orders Announced in the NWT to Protect Against COVID-19 (Mining, Oil & Gas Orders)
- Katrina Nokleby: Supporting people, businesses and communities in response to COVID-19
- Katrina Nokleby: Northwest Territories COVID-19 Economic Relief
- Media Statement – Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) Supports Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce letter to the Federal Government
- Minister Nokleby: Message to NWT Businesses (April 27, 2020)
- ITI Program and Service Availability, Information & Updates
- Resources for Businesses, Tour Operators, Artists, Filmmakers, Agriculturists
- Daily updates on the GNWT-wide response to COVID-19
- Up-to-date health information and status of COVID-19 in the NWT
- WSCC: COVID-19 and the Workplace: General Precautions and a Risk Assessment
- Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resources and Information
- Business Support - Supports are available for NWT businesses, including: Resources for Businesses, Apply for COVID-19 Business Relief, and Information for Businesses.
- NWT Arts, NWT Film, Immigration, Tourism, Agriculture - Staff will be working remotely. While staff will be regularly checking their email and doing their utmost to keep business running as usual, there may be some delays during this time.
- Mining Incentive Program - For prospectors and companies who are funded under the 2019-2020 program, the Program Administrator will be in touch regarding current status of funded projects, contribution agreement deadlines, and to discuss final reporting.
For the 2020-2021 Mining Incentive Program, the application deadline has been extended to May 29, 2020. Assessment of further extensions will be considered if required. Until further notice, client visits to the Northwest Territories Geological Survey office will only be accommodated based on need and by pre-arranged appointment. Call 867-767-9211 ext. 63202.
- Mining Recorders Office - The office is continuing to process all payments by phone (credit card) and electronic funds transfer. Mineral claims are being protected for 90 days. Work reports and simplified reports are being accepted but do not need to be submitted during this period. Mineral leases are being protected for 90 days. Lease payments are being accepted but are not required during this period. Prospector’s licence applications will continue to be processed. Until further notice, client visits to the Mining Recorder’s Office will only be accommodated based on need and by pre-arranged appointment. Call 867-767-9210 ext. 63464.
- NWT Nominee Program Business Stream – The intake of applicants for this stream is being paused. Step two of the application process, which includes a visit to the NWT and in-person interview, will be postponed until further notice.
- NWT Parks - The opening of Northwest Territories parks has been postponed. An opening date for the 2020 park season has not been confirmed at this time. The online reservation system will also remain closed until further notice.
- NWT Parks Extended Stay Campsite Draw - Annual draw for extended stays at Prelude Lake and Reid Lake Territorial Parks.
- Petroleum Resources Office - the office will continue to process all administrative requirements related to petroleum interests. An open call for bids is still in effect for further rights issuance. Until further notice, client visits to the Petroleum Resources Office will only be accommodated based on need and by pre-arranged appointment. Call 867-777-7477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regional Offices - consistent with public health guidelines to self-isolate, ITI's Regional Offices can only be contacted by e-mail.
- Tourism Training Fund - Any applications received to date will be kept on record until a new intake is initiated.
- Youth Mentorship for Tourism and Tourism Business Mentorship Programs - program intake postponed
- Supply Chain Management
- Remote Site Workforce
As of March 19, the majority of GNWT staff will be working remotely to promote social distancing. Please note that though we will do everything we can to keep services operating as usual, there may be delays. We thank you for your patience.