October 1, 2020
The Harold Greenberg Northern Shorts fund is designed to finance narrative short films from filmmaking teams across Canada’s three territories, showcasing their creative visions and furthering careers of writers, producers, and directors as they develop their skills.
The North-focussed program was launched in September 2019 by Bell Media’s Harold Greenberg Fund and is funded and delivered, in the NWT, in partnership with the GNWT’s NWT Film Commission (NWTFC).
One filmmaking team from each territory is selected to receive $20,000 in financial contributions to complete their project.
The call for this year’s submissions opened October 1, 2020. The deadline is Friday, December 4th, 2020.
Applications must be made through the online submission portal located at Bellmedia.ca
- Short film scripts 10 pages or under
- Writer, producer, director must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants may only be attached to one application per deadline
- Producer and write must reside in NWT
- Applicant company must be a NWT incorporated company or a federally incorporate company with headquarters in NWT.
Interested filmmakers can contact Alan Bacchus with any questions regarding these film programs at email@example.com.
- The HGF/Territories Shorts Program Draft Guidelines, click here
- Bell Media’s Harold Greenberg Fund Announce Selections for HGF/Territories Shorts Program, click here
- Bell Media’s Harold Greenberg Fund, click here
- Q&A: Behchokǫ̀’s Mason Mantla Talks Film Festivals, Red Carpets, and the Road to Film Success