The GNWT has initiated a review of how it contracts and purchases goods and services (known as procurement).
An independent panel advisory panel has been appointed by the Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment to engage with Indigenous governments and organizations, elected leaders, the business community, stakeholders and residents on this important issue.
The panel will evaluate what they learn from their engagements (and related research) and provide recommendations to the Minister on how best to apply the GNWT’s procurement policies and practices to maximize their economic benefit to NWT residents and businesses.
Opportunities are also being provided for NWT residents to engage with the advisory panel.
Public engagement sessions are scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, February 4, 2020 (7pm)
- Sunday, February 28, 2020 (2pm)
- Tuesday, March 30th, 2020 (7pm)
- Monday April 26th, 2020 (7pm)
If you are interested in having your say on the matter of GNWT procurement policies and practices, here’s what you need to do:
- E-mail Procurement_Review@gov.nt.ca
- Identify who you are and how we can contact you (providing both an e-mail address and phone number.)
- Give us the date of the public engagement session you would like to participate in.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the panel providing additional instructions on how you can be a part of this important NWT-wide conversation.
You may also choose to express your views in an online engagement forum by clicking here.
For more information, contact the GNWT’s Department of Industry Tourism and Investment in Yellowknife.