The NWT Producers Incentive Pilot Program (PIPP) supports projects owned by NWT producers at their pre-development and development stages. Increasing the quality of creative and pitch materials increases the likelihood NWT producers will be able to secure production and finishing funds from broadcasters and financiers. The program is designed to:
- Support the growth and sustainability of the NWT film and media sector
- Build the skills and experience of NWT film professionals
- Raise the NWT’s global profile as a filming destination
- Encourage the development of homegrown projects to be shot on location in the NWT
- Diversify the economies of all NWT regions and communities through film and media opportunities.
PIPP contributes a percentage (%) of a project's pre-development or development budget up to a maximum:
- Pre-development: up to $10,000 annually
- Development: Up to $25,000 annually
Applications accepted year-round. Funding is distributed on a first-come-first-served basis with funds replenishing on April 1st of each year.
NWT residents and businesses engaged in commercial film and media production who can demonstrate having had at least one:
- completed professional project shown by a recognized broadcaster or distributor (e.g. CBC, APTN, Northwestel),
- or one prior project which has received funding from a market relevant source
A market relevant source can be any one of: a broadcaster, distributor, pay television, or media-focused funding agency (e.g. Telefilm, Canada Media Fund, Harold Greenberg Fund, etc.)
How to apply
- Contact the NWT Film Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your proposal.
- Complete an application form and attach supporting documents
- Submit your application package to the NWT Film Commission: email@example.com
|NWT Film Producers Incentive Program Guidelines||170.83 KB|
|NWT Film Producers Incentive Program Grading Rubric||129.55 KB|
|PIPP Application Form | Formulaire de demande 2023.pdf||599.08 KB|
|PIPP At-a-Glance||408.48 KB|
|NWT Film Producers Incentive Program FAQ||61.71 KB|