Do I need a licence to operate a tourism business in the NWT? 

Yes. If you offer guided commercial tourism activities in the Northwest Territories, you are considered a tourism operator under the Tourism Act and require a Tourism Operator Licence. 

Where can I get a TOL (Tourism Operating License)?

You can find a Tourism Operator Licence application form here or contact your Regional Tourism Officer in your area of operation.

How can I contact the ITI Regional Offices?

The contact information for all five regional offices is here.

What funding sources are available from Tourism?

If you are from the NWT, there are many funding opportunities available for you. Click here for more information on each funding source.  

What training is available from Tourism?

NorthernMost Host, Welcome NWT, Business Mentorship Programs, Pleasure Craft Operators Card, you can access more information here.

Where can I find a road map of the NWT?

For any type of Publication we have created, you are able to find it here. If you’re interested in a hard copy, you can email us at tourismandparks@gov.nt.ca and we will mail you the document.

Where can I go camping?

There are plenty of Territorial Parks all over the NWT. You can find more information on each individual park here

How can I book a campsite?

You can access the Online Reservation System for Northwest Territories Parks here