Self-employed film producers in the NWT are eligible to apply for funding as entrepreneurs under the GNWT’s Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic Development (SEED) Program.
What are the Funds for?
Film Development (maximum of $5,000)
For assisting applicants with certain costs associated with completing a:
- Small Production ($5,000) - Eligible costs include: Equipment and location rentals, scripting and editing fees, licensing fees or other similar costs.
Trailer/Pitch Production ($5,000) - Eligible costs include: Market and concept research, consultant, scripting, and filming and editing fees. NOTE: Producer fees, overhead fees, and employee payroll are not eligible costs under this program.
Marketing and Promotion (Maximum of $15,000/year)
For assisting applicants in marketing or promoting their skills, services or productions, to increase sales of new or existing NWT film and media arts products and services.
Pitch Marketing ($5,000) - Eligible costs include: Travel expenses, promotional materials, media/public relations, and product marketing (e.g. Website).
Product Marketing ($10,000) - Eligible costs include: Registration fees, travel expenses, promotional materials, media/public relations, product marketing and distribution or other similar costs. NOTE: Recipients can receive one time funding for printing and package 100 DVD’s.
Service Marketing ($5,000) - Eligible costs include: Registration fees, travel expenses, promotional materials, and media/public relations.
Film Sponsorship (Maximum of $20,000/year)
For assisting qualified film and media arts businesses in supporting commercial media products.
NWT residents or NWT businesses engaged in film and media arts production. Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in the film and media arts sector.
Applicants must demonstrate proficiency. Demonstrated proficiency could include one or more of the following:
- Completing a production that won an award, or placed highly, in a competition designed to solicit non-professional entries;
- Completion of a degree or certificate from a recognized film and media arts program at least two years in length;
- A credited role in a professional production;
- Documented experience working in the film, television, or media arts industry;
- A registered member of the NWT Professional Media Association.
How do I apply?
For more information visit: