Unlocking our Potential is a suite of initiatives marketing our natural resources to individuals and businesses operating in the global mining, exploration, and petroleum industries, while providing licensing, permitting, and regulatory guidance to make our business environment as friendly as possible.
We also provide funding and incentives for junior resource companies and individual prospectors as part of our support for the mineral and petroleum extraction industries operating in the NWT.
This is your one-stop-shop for programs, strategies, and regulatory support delivered as part of this initiative.
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment produces a promotional magazine highlighting stories from the NWT mineral industry.
- Unlocking our Potential - January 2018
- Unlocking our Potential - January 2017
- Unlocking our Potential - September 2016
- Aboriginal Capacity Building Program
- Mining Incentive Program
- Exploration Incentive Program
- Government Certified Canadian Diamond™
- Approved NWT Diamond Manufacturers
- Prospector's Grubstake Program
- Oil and Gas Regulation Information
- Oil and Gas Rights Management
- Mineral Laws and Regulations
- Mining Recorder's Office
- Mining FAQ's
- Diamonds FAQ